My Weather

Thursday, January 04, 2007

One month BOG

Well, I’ve had “boots on the ground” now for a month. Amazing how time flies. If I can believe me orders, then I only have 6 to 8 months to go. Recently, it was decided since we are here for less than 365 days, we were not eligible for the 2 weeks of R&R. The group that was here before us were on 365 day orders, got their 2 weeks leave and then had their orders cut back to 8 months. One option that was floated in our direction was: “hey, do you want us to extend your orders to a year, so you can get the R&R? Don’t worry, we’ll cut the orders back to 7-9 months after you get your leave…” Strange, no one took them up on the offer? I wonder why?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, only a few lucky people in the group ahead of you got to leave at 8 months. I'm still in the first "half" of the group and looking at maybe returning at 315 days. I'd much rather have had your orders... served almost 7 months before taking my R&R anyway, and would have stayed if it meant going home a month later!