My Weather

Thursday, January 25, 2007

There I was…

Like all good stories, this one starts: There I was….I was out on my morning run, just minding my business. For a change, I decided to go off the beaten path—maybe a bit too far off. I was running down a dark dirt road that ran along a canal, since it was almost sunrise, there was just enough light to see by. On both sides of the road were large willow trees. Off in the distance, the only sound I could hear was the morning prayers blaring over the loudspeakers. I just rounded a bend in the road, when I heard something that sounded like a rock crashing through the leaves over my head.
“Himmm, that’s strange” I thought.
Just then I felt something graze the back of my head. Things that go whizzing by you ear around here are usually unhealthy.
So, at that particular moment, I figured it would be in my best interest to pick up the pace a bit. How wrong I was, for about three steps later, there was a cacophony of noise and movement…
To be continued…

1 comment:

stimpy's wfie said...

Maybe you should stop running.