My Weather

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year

Although today isn’t a day off, it is a slow day none the less. So far the New Year has started off great for me. I had a good run on this cold morning—33 degrees. After that, I went to breakfast. One of the Indian cooks, Lenis, saw me coming and started making my usual without me asking. A pretty remarkable feat since he makes over 1000 omelets a day. Sure it is a little thing, but it is a combination of little tings that make up a good day around here.

Anyway, I wish everyone a very happy new year. Since I am 8 hours ahead of most of you, I can say the 2007 isn’t too bad so far.

2 comments:

Brian Kelly said...

Hi this is Taylor, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!not a great day to start off the new year, it is pouring and is very cold out. What is the weather where you are? well sounds like the new year has been great to you so far, I miss you.
And one more thing for a new camera Catherine just got a new camera that she LOVES for Christmas and she would tell you this but she is sick, it is called the digital elph, weird name, but it is suppose to be a great camera!
love,
Taylor :) (that is suppose to be a smiley face!)

aunt arlis said...

2001200David: We sure enjoyed having Braye and the girls here. They are such sweet children, tho Madison was not her usual spunky self the whole time since she had that cold and cough. Sometime we want to have Braye when we don't have all the other grandchildren so we get the girls to ourselves! We had a quiet New Year's Eve with good friends, and today we'll take Kary and the boys out for Chinese food to celebrate New Year's Day. We are so happy that 1) your circumstances are better than you thought they would be, and 2) your job is more meaningful than you ever dreamed it would be. It is wonderful to do something that makes a difference and saves lives. Did I tell you I'm going to Africa in April with a mission group? We will be seeing how our mission dollars are spent, and visit AIDS orphanages, among other places. Happy New Year to you, Love, aunt a