My Weather

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Day 2 at NMPS

Hurry up and wait is the task for today. Today started with group PT at 0600. I checked things out and then went off for a 5 mile run. I saw a lot of the base here at Little Creek. Seeing all of the Halloween decorations really reminded me of the girls. I hate missing out on holidays. Poor Braye, she will have to fight Madison all alone to get her costume on.Things were pretty slow at NMPS today. I did the majority of my medical stuff before I arrived, which saved some time. One thing I learned was to make sure the documentation for all shots and lab work is in your medical record. Pensacola medical filled out the pre-deployment medical screening sheet, but NMPS went through the record anyway and if they didn’t see the forms for, say small pox, you will have to get it again. One other thing, make sure you get a complete set of labs before showing up. A lot of guys have to fast tonight and get their blood taken at 0600.Tomorrow should be a fairly easy day, with the only important meeting in the afternoon.

No comments: