My Weather

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Leaving P-cola

Today is day one, the day that I left Pensacola. It was very hard saying goodbye to Braye and the girls. Considering everything that has happed in the family lately, leaving is especially hard. Mary Elizabeth held up great until I got to the security checkpoint, then the water works started. Braye was so strong for the girls, I’m very proud of her.Traveling to Norfolk was painful with each flight delayed. Once I got on deck, I called the NMPS CDO and he told me that billeting was overbooked and that a rental car is now authorized on my orders. A lucky break for me, I’d hate to spend a week at Norfolk on a walking tour. I’m now at Little Creek Naval Base. Over all, not bad accommodations.I’m writing this blog for my family and friends so they will know what I’m up to. I’m also writing it for other IAs that may be looking for some gouge. Since this is unclassified, I may sound vague and cryptic at times.

No comments: