My Weather

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Nogales


Today, I road tripped to Nogales, Mexico. It took over an hour to get there. The topography of Arizona is very interesting. During my trip, I traveled through rolling grass land, saw barren wind-swept mountains; but also passed through some heavily wooded areas and saw mountains covered with trees that looked similar to the Blue Ridge.

Nogales was pretty disappointing, since it is so far off the beaten path, even the Mexican junk peddlers seem to avoid it. I was hard pressed to find trinkets for the girls. On the way back, I decided to stop at a local winery. I admit I have a limited pallet and never knew that Arizona produced wine, so I decided to check it out. I was very surprised with what they offered. Too bad there is no way I can bring some back with me

No comments: