My Weather

Sunday, October 29, 2006

What I'm doing with the Army

I’ve gotten a lot of questions as to why I am going to Iraq to serve with an Army unit. Due to security reasons, I need to be intentionally vague as to what I’ll be doing. The Army has a need for individuals that possess certain skills that are necessary for them to accomplish their mission. The Navy has such individuals and as such we are contributing to the efforts in Iraq. Unfortunately, I have no special skills other that the fact that I am relatively trainable, which should be good enough.As much as I hate to be away from Braye and the girls, I have a job to do now. God willing, I will do that job to the best of my ability. I truly hope that my efforts will help some of our Marines and Soldiers come home in one piece.

No comments: