My Weather

Sunday, December 31, 2006

It's all how you look at things...

When Braye and I found out that we were going to Japan, we came up with the motto of “plan for the worse and hope for the best”. That is pretty much how I viewed this tour in Iraq. When I fist got word that I was coming here, I had no idea what to expect. In fact, I went under the assumption that I would be in some remote FOB (forward Operating Base) with no running water and nothing but MREs to eat. With that assumption in mind, it is easy to see the bright side of things. All things considered, Baghdad isn’t that bad of a place to be and my job give me a lot more satisfaction that I thought it would. Sure, I miss Braye and the girls terribly, but at least I have access to phones and email (something else I wasn’t sure I would have).

No comments: