My Weather

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Demoralized


I can’t speak for anyone else, but I have to say that the recent actions of congress has had a demoralizing effect on me. I truly feel that they are committed to defeating the president at every turn and thus, any indication of success over here will not be tolerated. Constantly, we hear our leaders say the “war is already lost” and how we have failed miserably. “We support the troops” is starting to carry as much weight as “the check is in the mail”. Since when does crushing morale and giving aid and comfort to the enemy equate to supporting the troops?

To the troops, this is known as the “Long War”. I wonder if we were fighting in the “Clinton War” or the “Obama War”; would the actions of congress be any different? Sadly, it think so.

It was once said: “that when it comes to war, the only good politics are no politics.”

No comments: