My Weather

Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter


I made it to Mass yesterday. Compared to other services I’ve been to here, it was pretty good. I went to midnight mass on Christmas Eve and it was awful--the priest barely spoke English and the 3 man choir tried to sing 3 different songs at the same time. Each time, each choir member kept going thinking the others would join him. At one point, I thought to my self “the only thing that would make this service any worse would be a rocket hitting the church”. A couple of seconds later I heard a pretty big explosion. (It was just outside the wire). OK I thought, message received: time to start paying attention.

One thing that was interesting was the variety of people attending Mass. It was like the UN, I saw Englishmen, Aussies, Africans, Koreans, a couple of Chinese guys and a good number of Iraqis.

No comments: