My Weather

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Ouch


I mentioned before that part of this base was Saddam’s private game preserve. The building above used to be a hunting lodge. Now it is a Troop Medical Clinic (TMC). Inside, it is all wood and very rustic—just like you would expect of a hunting lodge. The nurses’ station used to be a wet bar (devout Muslims here). I normally don’t spend my free time on inside of medial clinics, but I made an exception today.
I was just minding my business fishing today when I ran into an Iraqi suicide Bass. Long story short, he kept up his jihad long after I pulled him out of the water and as a result, I wound up with a treble hook in two of my fingers. My Leatherman wasn’t quite up to the job, so I figured I’d better let the pros have a look at it.
I guess being combat medics; they don’t see very many fishing injuries around here and they tried to make the most of it. Good thing they think I’m a Major…I overruled them on the X-rays, didn’t let them cut my finger open with a scalpel and shot down the ring saw idea. Considering all of the dead bodies that used to be in the lake, I did take them up on a Tetanus shot though.
All in a days work.

2 comments:

aunt arlis said...

Aunt Arlis

aunt arlis said...

David: So you survived your first war injury: a fish hook! We pray that will be your last injury. We had a very cold Easter here with frost damage to all the spring plants. It was 5 degrees colder her than in Fairbanks, Alask (where they do have global warming!). We are enjoying your blogs and so glad you had a great visit with Braye and the girls. Keep the faith and stay safe. Love, Aunt Arlis