My Weather

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

INCOMMING?



After a while, you get used to the sounds that you hear around here. What once was an incoming mortar turns out to be nothing more than a trailer door slamming. Last week, I was sitting on the patio of our palace, talking with one of our new guys when I heard a distance a faint, yet very familiar “whack”. I didn’t think anything about it as well as the splash that occurred a few seconds later. The other guy almost jumped out of his skin. I did the best I could to keep a straight face. We kept talking and a few seconds later “whack” followed be another splash. He jumped again and I bit my lip. After a few more iterations, I finally broke down and pointed across the lake to where some guys were hitting a bucket of golf balls. Between their building and ours is a small island where there they put in a hole and flag. Not being a golfer, I have no idea what par this course is.

No comments: