My Weather

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I guess I didn't study hard and make an effort...

Another day today. Class was somewhat interesting, but according to a certain public official, I must not have been very good at school since I’m going to Iraq. Without mentioning any public official by name: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLuMWiQ6r2o&eurl=
I am amazed that so many public officials forget the fact that words mean things. What may be intended to be used as a sound bite on CNN or to motivate a political base can have a detrimental effect on the morale of troops. Some of the most outstanding individuals I have ever met are in the military and I am honored to serve with them. Now that I am going to Iraq, I find all of the anti-war, anti-military truly disheartening. If you are against the war, vote you conscious, speak out, but tell the truth. Inflammatory rhetoric about how we are at war for all the wrong reasons, that we are criminals fighting a losing cause only encourages our enemies and hurts the troops. If these individuals truly support the truth, then I hope they think before they speak.

No comments: