My Weather

Friday, November 10, 2006

Location, Location, Location…

Between my relatives in the real estate business and all of my friends in the Navy, I have learned the importance of location. Norfolk or Jax? Meridian or Pensacola? After all of these years, I think I found the best location of all…In our living room with Braye sitting next to me, watching the girls showing us how they can do somersaults.

I made it home last night after being away for almost a month. The trip home was nice. I was in a huge hurry and a few of us didn’t get a chance to change, so we ended up flying in our uniforms. American Airlines was great! The had an open First Class seat and they up graded one of our guys. I was almost as lucky—they gave me a free cookie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

David: Pete returned from his week of volunteer home building in Mississippi and has me up and running again on the computer. I enjoyed reading all your diary entries. I think this will end up as a book! Pretty good stuff. We both admire your dedication to your job and your outlook. Have a good time with Braye and the girls. I loved your headline on location, location, location, and the best was with Braye and the girls. You got your priorities straight! I am praying for you: for your safety, for you continued positive outlook, and for your spiritual growth. Be sure to have a Bible with you when you go on assignment, so I can suggest verses to you to read. For today, read Jeremiah 29:11-13. These words were written to a people in exile, far from home and feeling both scared and homesick. Love to you all, Arlis