My Weather

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The duality of man


OK, this isn’t as dramatic as in the movie Full Metal Jacket where the General asks Private Joker why his is wearing a peace button on his body armor wrote “born to kill” on his helmet
There is an old dining room in the palace that is now our gym, library, recreation room and arms room. These kids were cleaning their weapons guns and watching TV. Of all things to watch, it was Sesame Street! They were absolutely captivated. It struck me how young they looked. They really are just kids, but don’t let that fool you. They are true professionals.

2 comments:

obgirl042 said...

Hi there! I have been reading/following The Desert Periscope since my fiance' deployed about 9 months ago now and I'm hoping it's all right if I link to you on my blog...if you'd rather I didn't, I'll take you off, just let me know.

Thank you for your service, I truly appreciate all you are doing for all of us!

Colleen (aka obgirl042 of "sdsailor" in San Diego)

Me said...

No worries. Thank you for your support.