My Weather

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Not quite the Valentines day surprised I intended




Today, I got some great news. The “powers that be” decided to allow us Navy folks to go home for R&R. I was on the phone with the family today and I thought I would share my good news as a Valentines Day surprise. I had the bright idea to have our 4 year old break the news to Braye. Of course, things can always change, so I don’t want the kids to know that I’m coming home until I’m on my way. I needed to be cryptic, so only Braye would understand. I asked MEG to tell Braye: “Happy Valentines’ Day Mommy, daddy is getting leave!”
Of course, what I heard in the back ground was a little different:
“HAPPY VALINTINES DAY MOMMY! DADDY IS GETTING LAID!”

3 comments:

Patti said...

Now I imagine that caused some excitement! Glad to hear you're getting the R&R. What a Valentine's Day memory!

Logic & Reason said...

Now you don't have to worry about going home.

obgirl042 said...

Classic! I love it! Congrats on the leave, it's a good milestone to look forward to!

Colleen