My Weather

Monday, February 05, 2007

Flamingo

Yesterday, I was lamenting at work how someone stole my flamingo a second time. At that time, one of the intelligence officers told me “hey take a look at this”. He had a picture of him holding a flamingo in front of a local Mosque. He was out and about a week ago and saw a flamingo sitting on top of a pile of sandbags near a mosque. Seeing the obvious potential, he grabbed the flamingo and a camera for a quick photo op.
So, will reliable intel, we set off to recover the flamingo. It was a classic “snatch and grab” operation: i.e. hit ‘em hard and hit ‘em fast. We raided the mosque, grabbed the flamingo with no resistance, and got out of there before they ever knew we were there.
Our victory was shorted lived though. Upon returning to our Brigade, I realized that the Flamingo was not mine. So, under the cover of darkness, I sheepishly returned the flamingo back to the mosque. I know first hand the trauma of a stolen flamingo brings and I couldn’t inflict that upon someone else.

2 comments:

Taylor said...

this is taylor...
ha ha ha, that is so funny
who got you a flamingo?????

Taylor said...

also and catherine and I love the money and that letter was so funny, "sudom go poof!" we cracked up:)!!!!!