My Weather

Sunday, February 18, 2007

"My" Truck


The other day, the Army told me that I had to turn in my trusty HMMWV. I mentioned the fact to one of the folks over at the Navy side of the house, and long story short, I now have a Navy truck to drive around. I have complete faith in Navy maintenance as far as airplanes go. I’m a little skeptical as to how good they are with boats. As far as anything with wheels…well I was downright suspicious. I took my “new” truck to the motor pool to get a quick once over. A few hours later, the sergeant over there told me: “Sir, if you drove that thing over here, you are lucky to be alive!” The list of gripes is long and distinguished and these poor guys have been replacing just about everything below the floor boards for two weeks now. I am grateful-too bad I can’t hook them up with a couple cases beer for all of their hard work.

Also, click here for an interesting link about the history of the middle east

No comments: