My Weather

Saturday, February 17, 2007

A pretty good day




Today was a pretty good day. I had lunch with my Iraqi friends today. This time we had fresh lamb. It was really good, and of course we had Chai tea. One of the men I was talked to immigrated to the U.S. after the Shiite uprising in 1992. Saddam crushed that rebellion and he and many others had to leave town in a hurry. He wound up settling in Richmond, Virginia and became a very successful mechanical engineer. Today he is back in Iraq. I asked him why and he told me: “Because this is my country and I have to help”. Doesn’t sound like a lost cause to me.
Later on, I had a few minutes to kill before my meeting tonight, so I put that time to good use:

1 comment:

stimpy's wfie said...

Tell the truth did you catch all of those fish???