My Weather

Thursday, May 17, 2007

I hope it isn't so...


I just read yesterday that the Senate failed to cut off funds for the war. By a vote of 67 to 29, they voted against a measure that would have cut off funding for the troops and essentially ended the war. I hope the real reason is that they decided that cutting and running isn’t the way to go. I have a feeling that the vote went the way for a more ominous reason. To me, it seems like one political party views this as “Bush’s war” and any failure in the war is a victory for them. Just look a Lou Dobbs on CNN, he almost gleefully announces the war dead each and every day on his TV show. Why? To keep the drumbeat alive that the President has failed. I have a suspicion that many political figures secretly want the war to continue (and for the body count to keep increasing) to help their chances in ’08. Could it be that they don’t want victory?
But hey, what do I know? I’m just a guy on the ground.
This is a picture taken in the Green Zone in Baghdad. The dome ahead has a name that escapes me. To the guys, it is known as the Golden nipple.

No comments: