My Weather

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Where is the civility?

Sorry, today's post has noting to do with Iraq,
but something I came across in the news.











Today, I read a story about a 12 year old Alabama boy that killed a 1100 pound wild boar. His proud dad put up a website: www.monsterpig.com. On the website there is section for comments. As you can imagine, some people have issues with hunting and they said as much. One comment really stood out. Remember, the boy is only 12 years old:

F@#$ YOU YOU F@#$ING IDIOT!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE F@#$ IS WRONG WITH YOU?? YOU LITTLE FAT ASS PUNK!!! THINK YOUR SO COOL CUZ YOU SHOT A HUGE PIG! JUST BECAUSE IT WAS DIFFERENT FROM OTHER PIGS DOESNT MEAN THAT IT DOESNT HAVE A LIFE, A MATE, A FAMILY!!!! HOW WOULD U LIKE IT IF U WERE KILLED FOR NO REASON OTHER THAN UR FAT!?! I WOULD SURE BE HAPPY!

My only question is; where is the civility? I can understand not approving of what the boy did, but to attack him with such hatred and foul language? That is simply inexcusable. He is a child after all. I simply don’t understand how someone could have such compassion for an animal yet such disdain for a person. I thought liberals were kind and compassionate?

1 comment:

Obob said...

unless it fits their agenda, there is no civility. Look at PETA, they cherish animal life more than a child's. Yet they reap the benefits of medical advances by animal testing.
Heck, I thought the kid bagged Rosie, thus her demise.