My Weather

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

2/3rds

Just another one of the typical sights here in Iraq. Dirt, dust, pallets of water and walls--yep, that's about it for around here.

Well, if the Navy sticks to the plan (not holding my breath on that one) , I have 3 more months to go. So that means I’ve been gone for 6 months now and I’m 2/3rds of the way through my tour. There were times when the days really dragged by, but for the most part, time flew by. I realized lately that I’ve been setting small milestones for myself along the way. So instead of looking forward to a date 9 months away, I was looking forward to Tuesdays, when my favorite TV show comes on and to Fridays, the day I can sleep late since I don’t run on Fridays. I once heard a saying “Yard by yard, life is hard…inch by inch, life is a cinch”. It really applies to here.

No comments: