My Weather

Thursday, May 31, 2007

I am so glad people have their priorities straight


In Pensacola, there is a great Irish pub and restaurant called McGuire’s. We even convinced them to allow us to have our wedding rehearsal dinner there. It is a fantastic place with great food, drink and atmosphere. There is a moose head that has been kissed more than a time or two, thousands of dollar bills hanging from the ceiling, and great Irish music. Part of the fun and games are the signs for the restrooms. As you can see, it basically says “Ladies Room” and in smaller print: “that way”. I remember watching many unsuspecting souls walk into the wrong room. Rumor has it, I actually saw the inside of the ladies room once, but that is something I cannot confirm or deny. Harmless, silly fun. Well some overly sensitive, whining, moron that couldn’t read a sign decided to call the Health Department and complain. After much negotiations, they reached a compromise where McGuire’s will install an inner door to the restrooms so the poor, misguided, illiterate ultra-sensitive, won’t feel like the true idiots they are. I am so glad people have their priorities straight

2 comments:

Obob said...

I've worked in one of those type pubs for 15 years off and on. There is nothing like going to the neighborhood pub when you come in town and people rememeber you. I've seen thousands come and go and come home again. Marriages, divorces, run ins with the board of health(you do not want to irritate those paper pushers) and ABC.
One liquor law I wish would change. No matter if you are 18 and fresh out of high school, if you are in the armed services, your business is legal.

Kevin said...

This is the stuff that makes me unhappy about america (ref your post above this one). Sensitive, PC, don't hurt ppls feelings... geesh, we need to lighten up... and laugh once in a while, right?