My Weather

Friday, June 01, 2007

Congress


Some people think that service members have no say at all in their daily lives—in fact that we give up our freedom of speech. Well, it is true that we are somewhat restricted in how we say something, the First Amendment still applies to us. One of our rights is that we can contact our elected representatives. It is something that I have done quite a bit since I’ve gotten to Iraq. Time and time again, I see some idiot politician talking about something that they don’t have a clue about and I think to myself, “someone need to educate that moron”. Well, I’m one of those “someones”. I’ve written both of my Senators as well as my Congressman and explained to them my personal views on issues that are important to me. I still see politicians running on about something they don’t have a clue about, but at least I can say now that I did what I could.

1 comment:

Patti said...

I'm glad to know that you are letting our government representatives know what is really going on over there. Keep up the good work! Looks like it's going to be rather cool there today (only 100 degrees). I see your countdown has moved into the double digits. Now that's progress! We look forward to seeing you on this side of the pond!