My Weather

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Extended


We got word last night that my group may be extended over here. How long? Hopefully no more than a month, but who knows? Apparently, there was supposed to be 35 people in the group coming over to relieve us, but only 15 showed up for training. I wonder if coming to Iraq is optional now? I guess I could get mad, but there are enough angry people around here.
Ever since we were married, my wife and I lived by the motto “plan for the worse, but hope for the best.” I’m just glad that my family and home are in such capable hands.
I wish now I hadn’t promised our daughter that I would be home in time for her birthday. Good thing she doesn’t know how to read a calendar—we may have to “move” her birthday a little to the right.

2 comments:

Patti said...

I'm so sorry to hear you won't be home as soon as we hoped...but who knows...things may change again. Your motto is a good one and I'm sure it has served you well in many situations! You remain in our prayers (as does your family). Thank you so much for your service (& for thinking of us). You truly are in good hands..the best!

Rasczak said...

Shame to hear about the possible extension. Stay tough. Your almost there!