My Weather

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Words mean things

Certain politicians will exploit any tragedy to further their political position—regardless of the damage they cause. They have forgotten that words mean thing. The war in Iraq is a tragic example of that.
How would a mom and dad feel when, after losing a son or a daughter, would turn on the TV and hear the Speaker of the House say that our mission over here is a “grotesque mistake” ,or the majority leader of the Senate say the “The war is lost”?

Words mean things. With their vicious rhetoric, they are adding insult to injury to the family members of fallen heroes. It is inexcusable. I for one, am ashamed.

It is sad that so many Americans —many of which are Democrats, are so invested in our defeat. What would JFK say today? Back when he was president he said:

“The path we have chosen for the present is full of hazards, as all paths are. The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.”

JFK would be ashamed of his party. Today the Democrats have embraced the likes of Michael Moore, who said:

“The Iraqis who have risen up against the occupation are not 'insurgents' or 'terrorists' or 'The Enemy.' They are the revolution, the Minutemen, and their numbers will grow - and they will win. “

2 comments:

Tony said...

I am going to miss you. You are there every day with really interesting observations that help parents like myself who have or have had our kids serving in Iraq.

My son is a Naval Officer who has been home for about a month. While he was there, I read your notes as well as others who post and it was a great help to me personally to have a feel for what was going on.

I am thrilled you will be back home soon but I must admit I will miss your daily observations and knowledgeable incites.

Thanks for your service and the time you take to post. We will miss the humor and the incite.

Rasczak said...

Great post. I can't believe M. Moore actually said that. What a disgusting person.