My Weather

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Operation Gratitude


Some time ago, someone signed my entire unit up for “Operation Gratitude” Yesterday, we had two truckloads of care packages show up—each one was addressed to one of the soldiers. It really made a lot of people’s day-it was like Christmas morning with everyone opening them up. Of course, since I’m on loan to the army, I’m not officially assigned to my unit, so I didn’t get one. I guess I was the bad kid that got a lump of coal.
We have it pretty good here in Baghdad and a bunch of our guys took their names off of the packages and immediately sent the packages to some of our units that are way out in desolate FOBs and need every bit of care they can get. Soldiers take care of their buddies.

1 comment:

cblashek said...

Hey, this is Carolyn from Operation Gratitude. We are so excited that the packages arrived--love the picture! But very upset that you did not get your own package. Please submit a Request Package Form on our website: www.operationgratitude.com or email me at: cblashek@aol.com .
Also, we would be honored to send packages directly to the guys at the remote bases if we can get their rosters. Everyone should have their own package! :)
Hugs and thanks to all of you,
Carolyn