My Weather

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Getting nowhere


Well, I got to Sather Air Base at 1600 yesterday day for a 2200 take off on a flight to Balad, Iraq. At 2200, I was told that the new take off time would be 2400. Then 0200 and then 0300. At 0330, I was told “Opps, the helo landed at 0200, but the command post forgot to tell us that it was on deck. They just left” . There comes a point where you are so tired, you just have to shake you hear ruefully. Maybe tonight I will have better luck.

I had plenty to time to walk about yesterday. I have to say, the Air Force are masters of providing the best living conditions for its people. One of the things they did was paint state flags on the concrete walls. Under the flag, there is a big white square. Anyone that is from that state can write their name there. Pretty cool. I was going to take a picture of the Alabama flag since I was sure someone in my wife’s family would recognize someone’s name, but the Alabama wall was in a secure area.

No comments: