My Weather

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Tanker



A lot of our supplies are shipped in via convoys. Many of the drivers are civilian contractors and most of them are from other countries. I have a lot of respect for these guys. A good number of them come here to provide a better life for their families. Sure the money is good, but there are a lot of risks. Driving a truckload of jet fuel down the roads in Iraq isn't the healthiest way to earn a living. I really appreciate what they do. Maybe I'm going soft, but don't run my air conditioner during the day. No, I'm not going green and I haven't hugged a tree over here. We get our power from generators and the fuel for those generators is trucked in. Every little bit we save adds up to one less trip these guys have to make. To me it is worth being a little warm when I first get back “home” in the evening.

No comments: