My Weather

Friday, December 08, 2006

Back from the desert


I'm back from 3 days of training in the Kuwaiti desert. The training went well and I learned some things that I'm sure I will never have to use. For some reason, the Army insists on making things as painful as possible. While we were there, we had to sleep on the floor of our classroom. The room itself was about twice the size of an average living room, yet we had close to 100 people sleeping in it. I got stepped on more than once. To make matters worse, we were not allowed to bring our ruck sacks into the tent, and of course it was one of those rare days where it poured, so our equipment got soaked.
Tomorrow, we head up to Baghdad. When we got back to base here in Kuwait, we were greeted by some of the members of the squadron we are going to. One of them told me that an Lieutenant Commander from my group will actually be working in Kuwait instead of Baghdad. There is only three of us, so we are all speculating who it will be. Either way, I just want to get going and unpack my bags.

No comments: