My Weather

Saturday, December 02, 2006

The power of Prayer

The power of Prayer

Today, my Aunt and Uncle drove down from Charlotte to take me out to lunch. With my leaving tomorrow, today was a difficult day for me, and having some family with me was just what I needed.
I have been added to a lot of prayer lists lately. Today, when she found out I was going to Iraq, the hostess at lunch today told me that she would pray for me. These prayers mean so much to me.
Recently, there were two times when prayer made a huge difference to me. Several weeks ago, Braye and I were faced with a very painful and uncertain situation. We prayed together and that gave me so much strength. Although we didn’t get what we prayed for, I think the situation would have been much more difficult without the prayers we said.
Today, as we were saying good bye, my Uncle said he wanted to pray together. I was so touched. What he said was so special and powerful to me. Good thing I was wearing sunglasses since my allergies started acting up right afterwards. I am so grateful to them.
As far as praying for me, thank you all and please don’t stop. Please pray for Braye and the girls and for me to do the best possible job over there.

No comments: