My Weather

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Getting settled into a routine


I’m finally getting settled into a routine here. I typically go to work around 0700, eat lunch around noon, dinner at 1700 and wrap up work by 1900 or so. I don’t spend much time in my trailer, since it is nothing more than a room with a bed. As I move in more and add some toys and furniture, I’m sure that I’ll spend a little more time there. After work, I either go to the BX or to the MWR internet café. We have an internet café at work, but it is hard to get away for very long.

I’m still working on my turnover with the guy that I am taking over for. Talk about a fire hose of information!! I still see a lot of late nights, but I still think this will be a rewarding tour.

Because of security reasons I have to be vague at times. Today a celebrity is coming to work. Although I’m not one of the guys that will specifically meet with him, I may get to have my picture taken with him. (Something else for my “I never thought I would see that in Iraq” file). If I get any good pictures, I’ll post them.

No comments: