My Weather

Friday, December 15, 2006

Getting settled in


Having spent my first night in my trailer, I am loving life. I have developed an attitude where I actively look for the good things around me. That way, I develop a list of good things and all of a sudden, I’m having a good day. So for today, I checked out my neighborhood and found that the best gym and DIFAC are within a stones throw of my hooch. I also have a Laundromat nearby (run by the evil Halliburton).

Today is my second day at the office. I couldn’t be happier with the people I will be working with. My job is beyond the scope of what I trained for, but it will prove to be a very rewarding job to say the least.

The other day, I said that there was nothing that I need, well today I realized that there is something that I do need for my trailer. I am in desperate need for a pink flamingo to put in my front yard. Every trailer park back home has at least one pink flamingo and I think it will add the perfect touch.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Stimp

I just rtn to SD from a year at the Army's command and general staff college. If you see any Army LTCOL's ask them what the pink flamingo means. A couple of classes ago there was a "Swingers" ring going on in the base housing area. A pink flamingo was the sign to invite ppl over for fun and games. Good luck out there. I'll be keeping the oceans safe for you next year.