My Weather

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Christmas Spirit in Iraq


We are fully in the Christmas spirit out here, although it is somewhat subdued. Sure, there are some decorations out here (The best I’ve seen is a wreath on the front grill of a Stryker going outside of the wire) but for the most part, it is low key. I think that a lot of folks here just don’t want to think about it. In the palace where I work, they play Christmas songs a lot, and at times, it really makes me think of home. Of course, I can just imagine how excited the girls will be on Christmas morning and that makes me smile. Sure, I’ll be away from my family for Christmas, but they will always be with me.

1 comment:

aunt arlis said...

david: I came in from errands this morning just in time to hear Pete reading your blogs to G & G. We were all fascinated and so impressed with your positive attitude. We know you are doing a valuable service, not just for the military, but for all of us. Thanks so much!!!!! May you continue to find the positive in each day. Love, Arlis