My Weather

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Execution of Saddam

Like many people back home. I was watching Fox news trying to learn of the fate of Saddam. After watching Hannity and Colmes, I gave up and drove to breakfast. It was in the DFAC (dining facility) that I saw on TV that he was executed. I saw a couple Iraqis that work in the kitchen peeking through the door, intently watching the TV. From what I’ve seen, the Iraqis are very stoic people—I couldn’t venture a guess what they were thinking. After breakfast, on my way to my truck, I heard the morning prayers way off in the distance and some gunfire (weather it was celebratory or something else, I have no idea). . Basically, it was your typical morning in Baghdad. Today should be interesting.

1 comment:

aunt arlis said...

your family left this morning at 6:30 sharp---was as if you were here cracking the whip. They called this afternoon when they were only 1/2 hour away from destination. They made good time especially considering Madison still had cold. It was a delight to have them here and we really appreciated them coming all this way. Girls are wonderful. Hope things haven't gotten too bad with the big man gone. Perhaps they will now be convinced he is not to be back in charge. They all need to get on with their lives. Uncle p