My Weather

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Last work day at FT. Jackson

Today was our last day here at FT. Jackson. It was a long process and I’m glad that I’m finished. As soon as I get to Kuwait, my “boots on the ground” clock starts ticking. As it stands, I am supposed to be there for 7 to 9 months.
Tomorrow is a day off. I wanted to rent a car and drive to my Aunt and Uncle’s house in Charlotte, but, as they say in Boston: "you can't get there from here". Getting to a rental car agency is next to impossible since the first shuttle bus runs after the agency close.

As it turns out, my Aunt and Uncle are going to drive down here for lunch tomorrow. I hate that they have to go through all the trouble to come down here, but I will be great to see them.
I checked into the BOQ tonight for some me time. I thought it would be a good way to relax, watch some TV, take a long shower and catch up on some phone calls, As it turns out, I’m in the Army now. The building is a mini barracks, being a cinderblock building (no cell pone coverage inside) the bathroom has a communal shower down the hall (no long shower), and all the TV has is limited basic cable (no TV). It is a good thing I brought a good book.

No comments: